More than a Classroom
The UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Real Estate program delivers a “Real-World Real Estate” experience to our students. Leveraging innovative programming including our student-managed real estate private equity fund and hands-on capstone development course, invested faculty and staff, and engaged alumni across the nation, we prepare graduates for a wide array of real estate positions in nearly every corner of the industry.
Professional Development & Experiential Learning
- Career Treks — Coordinating with academic coursework, career treks offered throughout the year to multiple cities give access to top real estate employers and projects.
- Global Immersion Elective — This for-credit elective provides a global perspective of real estate markets beyond our borders.
- Mentoring — We will match you with a senior real estate alum and a second-year real estate student, providing plenty of opportunity for mentoring and growth.
- Financial Modeling — To kick-start your real estate acuity in Excel modeling, a two-day real estate modeling workshop is organized for first-year students.
- Argus Certification — Each year Argus is brought to campus to provide a rigorous multi-day class leading to certification.
- Industry Association Involvement — We provide you with funding to join real estate associations that will provide the most access to industry professionals.
- Funding for Student Development Projects — We also provide funding for project expenses in our capstone development class, making for a real-world learning experience.
- Speaker Series — With access to a large and high-level real estate alumni group and industry leaders, a speakers series is developed each year to showcase an informative viewpoint on current real estate topics.
- Brown Bag Lunches — Organized by the MBA Real Estate Club and the real estate faculty and staff, time between classes is used to present real estate topics in a speaker or open discussion format.
- Speed Networking — The MBA Real Estate Club organizes an annual event to further develop and refine quintessential networking skills.
- Alumni Network — As one of the School’s most engaged alumni networks, the community actively organizes multiple events across major geographies and shares job openings, news and relevant information.